A Filipino Fiesta staple with a healthy twist: Spicy Bangus Sardine Flautas
The classic pork lumpia is incomparable to the flavors — and health benefits — of Spicy Bangus Sardine Flautas. Each serving of this healthier alternative contains heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B 12, B 6, and B-complex, and monounsaturated fat for a healthier diet you won’t have trouble sticking to
Spicy Bangus Sardine Flautas
1-312g Sarangani Bay Milkfish in oil, spicy, bones removed and flaked
1 cup quick melting cheese, grated
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
1 tbsp chili powder
10 small flour tortilla
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp lime juice
1 small head lettuce, shredded
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
Few stalks cilantro, chopped
1. In a clean bowl mix together, milk fish, cheese, and spring onions. Place on one end of the tortilla and sprinkle with chili powder.
2. Roll and secure with a toothpick to prevent from opening during frying.
3. Deep fry each tortilla in hot oil. Drain well.
1. Mix sour cream, hot sauce, coriander, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
2. Place shredded lettuce on a platter top with tomatoes and cilantro.
3. Lay flautas on top and drizzle with prepared sauce. Serve warm. Make 10 pieces.