Take your tastebuds on a flavorful ride with Batangas Lomi with Tinapang Bola-Bola
Batangas is a smorgasbord of traditional Filipino fare, and a trip there is best enjoyed with a heaping bowl of fully-loaded Batangas lomi.
Lomi is a dish of thick egg noodles, rich broth, and a generous amount of meat, innards, and pork cracklings, making this Batangueno favorite a sinfully good meal. But now there’s an equally delicious version of Batangas lomi using bangus as meatball toppings.
As a pork or chicken substitute, smoked bangus also gives a boost of protein that’s perfect in a hearty recipe like this. Adding bangus in your daily diet can prevent micronutrient deficiencies and it can also help the overall development of the body. It ’s also very rich in omega-3 fatty acids which prevents heart disease and controls cholesterol levels.
Eating soup once in a while also has health benefits. It can prevent upper respiratory tract infections.This recipe also has essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, D, and B12, which can boost your immunity.
This recipe is perfect for health-conscious folks who want indulgence without the guilt.
Batangas Lomi with Tinapang Bola-Bola
1 large Sarangani Bay Smoked Deboned Milkfish, skin removed and flaked
3 medium egg, beaten
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped spring onion
1 cup cooking oil
3 tbsp cooking oil
½ cup sliced onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup sliced celery
1 cup sliced carrots
½ cup sliced green greens
2 cups sliced cabbage
2 cups Lomi noodles
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. In a clean bowl , mix together flake milkfish, onion, spring onion and eggs. Form into medium sized balls.
2. Fry fish balls in hot oil until brown, Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pot, sauté onions, garlic, celery and carrots until fragrant.
4. Add chicken broth, allow to boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add the lomi noodles, soy sauce, fish balls and green beans, cook for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch solution, cook until thick. Stir in eggs. Add the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.