Be Unapologetically Cheesy with Crunchy Smoked Fish and Cheese Pimiento Bread
From full meals to snacks and dips, you’ll never go wrong with cheese. Liven up the party with Crunchy Smoked Fish and Cheese Pimiento Bread. It’s a perfect mix between creamy and crunchy and this will definitely be the highlight of any party with friends and family.
Crunchy Smoked Fish and Cheese Pimiento Bread
1 420 g Sarangani Bay Smoked Milkfish, skin removed & flaked
1 loaf white bread
1 -200 g cream cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup canned pimientos, chopped
2 whole eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
2 cups cooking oil
1. Flatten slices of bread with rolling pin or press with clean hands.
2. Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and pimientos together in a bowl. Fold in flaked smoked fish. You may also use the food processor and blend all the ingredients.
3. Spread about a spoonful of filling on top of bread. Gently roll and secure well.
4. Beat eggs. Dip the rolls in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
5. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil.
6. Place in the chiller for about an hour. Peel off foil.
7. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.