Can we make Bangus Relleno more delicious? Yes-here’s how!
There’s no reason to enjoy Bangus Relleno only during holidays or special occasions. If you had relleno for noche buena or for media noche–well you can and should have it again.
In fact, you can level it up with this version with some creamy mushroom sauce.The hearty, meaty and filling bangus meat stuffed with the other ingredients–becomes more exciting because of the umami-richness of the creamy mushroom dipping sauce.
Try it now for a creatively tipid healthy holiday season dining–anytime you want it!
Bangus Relleno with Creamy Mushroom sauce
1-medium Sarangani Bay Rellenong Bangus
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
1/4 cup butter
2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Thaw relleno in the chiller.
2. Fry in oil until skin is crispy.
3. May also be baked in an oven at 350 deg F for 15-20 minutes.
For the Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, melt butter, add mushrooms, saute well.
2. Add flour and mix well. 3. Gradually add broth stirring well until blended.
4. When slightly thick, add salt and pepper.
5. Add cream last and remove from heat.
6. Ladle over sliced relleno. Serve immediately.