Get A Taste Of A Genuine Western Snack With This Smoked Fish Salad with Salted Egg Sandwich
Cheese sandwiches with orange juice for merienda is as old as it can get. Give it a make-over by making it like a high-class western luncheon–right at its taste! Use Sarangani Bay Smoked Bangus as its filling to get you started, and then go impress your friends!
A mouthful of creamy flavours is something that anyone will look forward to. Try it!
Smoked Fish Salad with Salted Egg Sandwich
1 large Sarangani Bay Smoked Bangus, skin removed and flaked
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
3 salted eggs, sliced into rounds
2 large tomatoes, sliced
Lemon Aioli Dressing:
¾ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 pieces English muffin or Focaccia
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan, saute onions until lightly brown. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan, heat the remaining cooking oil and saute smoked fish for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
To assemble sandwich:
1. Heat bread in a toaster for 2 minutes. Slice bread lengthwise.
2. Spread lemon aioli on one half of the bread. Fill the smoked fish with onions, 2 slices of tomatoes and 2 slices of salted egg and lettuce.
3. Drizzle some more lemon aioli and sandwich with the other half of the bread. Do the same for the remaining breads.
4. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.