Tired of the same ol’ plain French bread? Try Sardines Tasty Bites Recipe to brighten the food trip!
French bread can turn any dull picnic into an exciting one, you just have to know how to prepare it with the right ingredients! Pairing French bread with Sarangani Bay Milkfish in oil can make food trips more interesting. Not only it looks savory delicious, but it’s overwhelming cream cheese will make you go and get another one!
This bite-sized snack will definitely be your barkada’s new favorite. Try it on your next picnic with your friends!
Sardines Tasty Bites
1 loaf French bread, sliced thinly (about 21 slices)
1 bottle of Sarangani Bay Milkfish in oil, regular, bones removed and flaked
¼ cup black pitted olives, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 bottle milkfish in oil, spicy, bones removed and flaked
½ bar cream cheese
¼ cup canned pimientos, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon paprika
Bunch of baby arugula
1. Toast French bread slices in an oven until crisp and light brown. Set aside.
For topping #1
1. In a clean bowl, mix together flaked fish, olives, olive oil, basil and lemon juice.
2. Mix thoroughly and season with pepper.
For topping #2
1. In another clean bowl, mix together flaked fish, cream cheese, pimientos and paprika. Set aside.
1. Divide 2 toppings among the bread slices. Use the baby arugula to finish topping #2.