Put the spotlight on this Tokwa’t Bangus side dish because it deserves it!
Who says that side dishes like tofu can’t level up with main courses? Sarangani Bay Boneless Bangus Belly paired with tofu is a delectable dish that you wouldn’t expect to star the dinner table!
This dish is similar with Tokwa’t Baboy, but with better ingredients. Once you taste the marinated meat of this bangus, you surely won’t set aside this dish. Taste it yourself!
Tokwa’t Bangus Belly
1 pack Sarangani Bay Boneless Bangus Belly
1 pack tofu
Chopped red pepper
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1 piece calamansi
1 tablespoon garlic, minced finely
1 tablespoon white sugar
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons liquid seasoning
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on belly and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut up belly into 1 by 1.5 in rectangular pieces.
- Cut up tofu into 1 inch squares.
- Place on clean dishtowel to drain for 1 hour.
- Deep fry bangus piece in hot oil until crisp and brown.
- Drain on clean dishtowel.
- Deep fry tofu in another pan until brown, inside and outside.
- Drain this on clean dishtowel so tofu won’t get soggy.
- Mix all ingredients together and adjust to your desired taste.
- Just before serving, mix belly and tofu in bowl.
- Add enough sauce to soak belly and tofu.